Friday, May 05, 2006

Seattle

I'm back! The trip is over but the adventure continues. Work? Race? Live? As always, lots of uncertainties, but for today its good to be home. Last night home was at my sisters place in Snoqualmie -- the family picked me up at the airport and we did Mexican for dinner -- but I'm about to hop on the Surly for perhaps its last ride in awhile since I've got other bikes that will probably take precedence now that I'm back: the race bikes will be used next week at the Wenatchee Omnium and I'm dying to hit the Chiwawa on the 29er.

The weather is Spring-perfect in the NW... 75' and sunny! The Tortuga -- my RV, my casa rodante, casa coche, vehiculo de recreacional, su casa es mi casa -- is parked on Brent's farm in Sultan so I've got about a 25-30 mile ride (thats like 200 kilometers) ahead of me and oh how many espresso stands between here and there (where a doble costs about $2 which is like $200,000 pesos).

More pictures and tales from the road forthcoming -- my Colombian journey's not over, it's constantly evolving. Have fun out there, and maybe we can keep in touch at the Dougnog Blog in the future. To my amigos still out there on the road, and to the luckiest ones still in Colombia, keep on rolling, drinking jugos and livin the good life!

No comments: