Thursday, March 02, 2006

Chiwawa: Failing Winter

The door is all but closed behind me here at the cabin and the car is packed while a steady rain falls on the snow outside. This says "spring" to me, which is good for my psyche because I've been feeling pretty regretful about leaving here when winter is still in full swing. There is still so much good skiing to be had, a few more races in the legs, and backcountry skiing is just getting good. But no looking back and no regrets -- hell, no complaints! -- I'm off to the tropics. Done with skis for the season, its back on the bike.

Last night I shaved my legs, the first commitment to cycling that I make every year about this time. But this time my sleek, chicken feeling legs won't be hidden under jeans and tights for another couple months... they'll be diggin on that warm tropical sun. First few days of riding with shaved legs are like skinny dippin. Freedom!

This is my final weekend in Seattle and I'm finalizing the bike and seeing friends. A friend is anxious to hear about my plans. Plans?

No comments: