Saturday, March 04, 2006

Olympia USA

on friday i boogied down to olympia to get some help on the bike. BA mechanic chris trued the wheels and helped get the rest to tip top. DQ drove up from portland to give me back my bike bag he used for his Hawaii tours and talked me into an evening ride. then he talked me into sticking around for a race the next day at nearby Mason Lk. bad idea, i thought, but went along anyway.

i ended up not racing but only because i haven't yet renewed my racing license, and its a good thing i didn't race because i definately didn't have the legs to even sit on. i put in 45-miles latching onto various fields of racers (cat4's, women, mastersA/B) and felt worked enough as it was, and wonder now if my overdoing it might force me to miss tomorrows ski race. i headed up here to snoqualmie to chillax with the chilluns for an evening and had a wonderful almost-last meal with sister and co.

another early morning tomorrow for the race. i'm most worried about doing 50km in this warm weather with no fresh wax, no flouro's, and on my cold weather skis.

No comments: